Electronic Proof of Claim Helpful Tips
- Verify the debtor(s) name and case number prior to submitting the Proof of Claim. The fillable form will display the case number and Debtor’s name at the top of the form. If you have entered the incorrect case number, simply use the “back” button to return to the first screen to enter the correct case number.
- If you are a creditor’s attorney filing a claim, be sure to indicate the appropriate payment address for the creditor. If a separate payment address is not entered, any funds will be sent to the creditor at the address shown on the claim form.
- If you are amending a claim for any reason, be sure to check the “Amends” box on the claim form.
- Verify the amounts entered in Items 1, 4 & 5. The total amount claimed is required in Item 1. Do not use commas when entering an amount in any of the boxes in Items 1, 4, & 5.
- If there is supporting documentation for your claim, select “Yes” at the bottom of the form (before the signature line). After clicking on “Submit Claim”, you will be able to attach your documentation.
- If you are entering zero for the amount owed because the amount is unknown at the time of filing the claim, be sure to use the 4 digits 00.00. The form will not accept any other combination. Attach the appropriate documentation to your claim to explain the zero amount.
- If there is insufficient space in the blocks provided on the fillable claim form to enter information you wish to provide regarding the basis of your claim, please attach that information as supporting documentation.
- Print or save the completed Proof of Claim. The option to view/print is displayed on the screen after the submission of the claim. This screen also displays the claim number assigned to your claim.