Voice Case Information System (VCIS)
One of the major tasks that a federal bankruptcy court must perform is to provide public information about the cases it handles. This can be done over the telephone, by answering mail requests, or assisting people who show up at the court in person.
The Voice Case Information System allows anyone with a touch tone telephone to call the court, enter a party name, a case number, a social security number or a tax ID, and have the computer read the case data directly from the court database. This is done automatically using a voice synthesizer.
To get information about any case currently in our database, including archived and closed cases, an individual need only have a party name, a case number, a social security number or a tax ID, and a touch tone telephone. The extraction of all case data is performed in real time.
- Dial the toll free number 1-866-222-8029. Click here to view VCIS phone numbers for other Bankruptcy Courts.
Enter one of the following: NAME of the debtor, CASE NUMBER, SOCIAL SECURITY NUMBER, TAX ID. Press the keys on your telephone that correspond to the letter in the name. Use the "1" (one) key for the letters "Q" and "Z," and skip any characters that are not letters, such as spaces, apostrophes, and dashes.
- If the name is an individual, enter the last name followed by the first name.
- If the name represents a Corporation, you should leave off such suffixes as "Inc." or "Corp."
- Press the # key when you are finished entering the name, case number, social security number or tax ID.
- The system will read the following information about the case. If more than one name matches, information on each name will be read.
|Bankruptcy Case||Adversary Proceeding|
|Case Number||Case Number|
|Name of Debtor(s)||Case Type|
|Social Security Number / Tax ID||Case Title|
|Open / Reopen Date||Filing Date|
|Voluntary / Involuntary||Attorney Name / Phone Number for Plaintiff|
|Case Chapter||Judge Name|
|Business / Consumer Filing||Case Status|
|Attorney Name / Phone Number||Close Date|
|Conversion Date and Chapter||Reopen Date|
|Trustee Name||Previous Closing Date|
|Judge Name||Disposition Method|
|341 Meeting Date and Time (if set)|
|Claims Bar Date (if set)|
|Discharge Date (if applicable)|